Wednesday 5 February 2014

Some New Additions

Back in December, I had a big clean out and sold a heap of stuff on Ebay. With a surprisingly healthy PayPal balance, I decided to treat myself to some new patterns. 

One of my favourite places to shop (online) when I have some spare cash to splash is Patterns from the Past. I find the redesigned site a little cumbersome for searching but if you have some time to browse, your efforts are likely to be rewarded.



New York 1612

Simplicity 3802

As you may recall, I'm a massive Vogue fan, mostly actual vintage era but I won't pass up a new Vintage Vogue if the price is right. Spotlight were offering all patterns at $5 each, plus members also get another 10% off which meant I scored my Vintage Vogues for $4.50 a pop! Too good.


Vogue V8812


The above pattern has been re-released as V8788 and is dated 1954, but looking at some of the design features, I'd say it's more like 1956. Either way it's a super cute wrap dress which needs to made ASAP.

Ebay has also been good to me in terms of bargains, which seems to be somewhat of a rarity these days. I picked up a Butterick repro & a real vintage Vogue for less than $10 each.


Butterick B5708

 Vogue 7505

Ahhh, so many beautiful patterns, so very little time to sew.

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...