Friday 25 November 2011

Not waving, drowning!!

This week has sped by in a blur and I really don't feel as though I've achieved very much at all. After all the sewing I did for the market, I've lost a lot of momentum and I've so many UFOs at the moment, I fear I may drown under their accumulated weight. To be honest, I really don't know where to begin.

Here's a small selection of my 'projects in waiting'...


This pattern was hard won on Ebay about 3 years ago and I had the perfect fabric in my stash so I cut it as soon as it arrived. The neckline proved to be a little more challenging than my skills at the time, this is as far as I got...



My next 'PiW' is not technically a UFO but I'm still dragging my feet. We have a cocktail party next Saturday and I thought I might like to make something new to wear. This 1940s cutie has been slowly making its way up the priority list and it looks relatively simple.


I was under the impression this pattern was unused but when I unfolded the pieces, the embroidery transfer was missing. Damn! The teal koshibo fabric I've chosen will fall beautifully but I fear it may end up being too plain. Hence the hesitancy to start construction.


Lastly, it too has been hard going but I've made a little progress on my Freestylin' Frankenstein top. You may recall I had decided to put aside versions 1 & 2 and start a 3rd version based on a late 1950s cowl neck top.


I've managed to solve the sleeve problem by removing a considerable amount from the cap - free styled of course! If accuracy is important to you, best look away now...


Here's the result...


The neckline still isn't quite right but I really like this version.


So dear readers, I propose a question to you: How many UFOs are too many UFOs?
Is there such a thing?


- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...