Thursday 17 November 2011

A Visit to Tattoo Parlour

Outre Gallery have just launched a new book, 'Tattoo Parlour: Artists from the World of Tattoo' and a simultaneous exhibition of the same name.


I have a thing for the art of Angelique Houtkamp, and I really wanted to see what pretty new ladies she had on offer - I already own a couple of her prints. Needless to say, I was not disappointed...


Some of Angelique's original pieces, all but one have been sold.


Oh, how I adored Shirley, and she's available as a print!



I also discovered a new artist to keep my eye on, Christoper Conn Askew. He had a couple of awesome pieces in the show, but ALVB (above) was my favourite.




Outre Gallery has three Angelique Houtkamp books for sale- the line drawings book is copyright free & chock full of embroidery ideas - and 'Tattoo Parlour: Artists from the World of Tattoo' is now available through Outre Gallery in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth and online.

The exhibition continues in Melbourne until November 30th.

-Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...