Thursday 12 April 2012

Winter Wishlist

Seeing as though my last post was about me giving in to temptation, I thought I'd continue on a similar path.

This weekend, there was a 40% off sale at Spotlight and with such a generous discount, how could I say no. Who am I kidding? I didn't even give it a second thought. I did plan ahead however and made sure I left the house armed with a shopping list. My main aim was stock up on some winter weight fabric and buy some of the more expensive wools which I wouldn't even dare look at, let alone cut. And I must say, mission accomplished!

Here are a couple of ideas I have for my purchases:


This 1940s Vogue jacket pattern has been wanting to be made for some time, but I've never found the right fabric. I don't think this red & black wool is perfect but it will give the jacket a bit of a 'Pendleton' look which I'm quite keen on. 


There was still at least half the bolt left of the navy wool-blend fabric I used for my 1950s pants, so I bought myself another 3 metres with this fabulous 1930s dress in mind. Knowing how beautifully it falls, I think it will make a lovely skirt and I'm picturing red piping and buttons for the bodice detail. Classy!




When I spied this awesome purple & grey knit jersey on the racks, I snatched it up quick smart. This  1930s pinafore is gonna rock so hard this winter, I can hardly wait to get started!



These three are for my stash. I'm picturing the printed chiffon (left) as a blouse with floaty sleeves and maybe a bow; the purple & caramel spot (right) is also a blouse, likely to be something with puffy sleeves; and the lovely aubergine double knit jersey might be a dress, I haven't anything specific in mind.

Hmmm, where to begin...?


- Tamara

3 comments:

  1. Looks nice. I've really been loving navy blue lately. We've just gone into Spring and Summer is quickly approaching us, but I love Navy for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Just wanted to let you know that I nominated your Blog for a Liebster Blog award!

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo, and may try similar side pleats myself - thanks for the marvelous example! Enjoyed your comment re hair as well. Have been trying for a similar shade myself, but with no success thus far. Yours is quite perfect, imho!
    D'ellis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...