Thursday 9 August 2012

Bombs Away!!

I am so excited!! Yarn bombing has finally found its way to Australia!
I had seen it about the Blogosphere a good 12 months ago but had never witnessed it in the wool. That was until a couple of weeks ago...




I spied these two colourful pieces buttoned to a pole in Williams St in Melbourne's CBD. 


These amazing pair of bicycle racks were found in a small side street just off Smith St, Fitzroy. I wish I could have gotten a better photo, there's a lot of work in these guys.

It looks as though the Yarn Bombers have been busy in Bendigo too. They've caused quite a stir; the local paper has featured several stories detailing their activities and it's even bring visitors to the city to see the 'tree-cozies'.

Photo: Facebook

Aren't they wonderful?!
It's such a great way to brighten the dull winter days.


- Tamara



1 comment:

  1. How lovely, yarn bombing is such a cool concept and it really brightens a city up! I had the pleasure of getting involved in the yarn bombing in my city recently and it ended up looking amazing: http://asewingodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/has-your-city-ever-been-bombed.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...