Tuesday 26 July 2011

Thoughts of embroidery

Over the last few months I've been thinking of trying my hand at embroidery. It's something I have done before but not for many, many years. I found this still attached to the hoop so it appears I was relatively good at it once upon a time...

Sorry about the wrinkles, it fades the transfer.


Not to mention some of the pretty patterns in my collection which have come complete with their original embroidery transfers...




I decided to start with something fairly simple so I chose an anchor from a 1930s pattern in my collection. Rather than waste the original transfer, I traced the design onto a piece of paper, then transferred it to the fabric. Easy peasey. That said, my enthusiasm evaporated fairly quickly and this was as much as I could manage before I got bored...


Man, was this ever tedious! I just couldn't sit still long enough to complete it; maybe that's what happened to the tea-tray cover...?


- Tamara

1 comment:

  1. oh my that anne adams pattern is AMAZING! i want it! haha - chances of finding it - nil :-D

    i want to try embroidery too - not sure how i'll get along with it either, whether i will get bored

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...