Tuesday 29 May 2012

Ugly or Awesome?

While going through my stash this weekend to see if I had enough fabric to make 'The Flasher Coat' - can you believe that sucker requires nearly four plus yards/metres of fabric?! Needless to say, I didn't have any luck, but I did come across 3 metres of this fabulous winter-weight fabric.




I found it at Spotlight several years ago and when I spied it on the discount table, I knew I had to have it. Just look at all those crazy colours! Aren't they wonderful! It would be perfect for a vintage dress of some description. I can't recall the exact price - even though I tend to leave the receipt in the folds of the fabric so I know much is there - but I'm pretty sure it was less than $5 a metre. 

Vogue 6044

I've chosen this late 1940s Vogue dress and it's already been cut out, the edges have been finished, and I'm now ready to start construction. As you can see, it's a fairly simple design; I figure there's no point wasting my energy on fancy details that will only get lost in the print. Plus, after my frustrations with the 1950s top, I needed a project that wouldn't be too taxing on the ol' brain.



Back to the fabric...

Opinions in our house are divided - Mdblm hates it with a passion, he says it's ugly, but I on the other hand adore it whole-heartedly.

What say you dear readers: Is it ugly as sin or insanely awesome?
I'd love to hear your views.

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...