Tuesday 2 October 2012

Button Bonanza!

Last week's school holiday workshop was quite the success! We had twenty three participants and the lone male ended up being the star of the afternoon. Personally, I would have liked there to have been a bit more structure to the class, with a few quick demonstrations to get them started, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. My group was apparently a bit too over-simulated after we'd packed up and were asked to wait outside for their parents - what did the organisers expect after feeding them biscuits and soft drink for afternoon tea?
 
 
This weekend The Victorian Button Collectors Club held their annual 'Buttonfest' event and what an event it was! This year's theme was buttons from three related eras, each with distinctive styles - Arts & Crafts, Art Nouveau and Art Deco. I purely with the intention of shopping for buttons, I had no idea there would be Art Deco loveliness on display!
 
Be prepared to 'Ooooh' & 'Aahhh' over these beauties, some of them were even for sale!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 



 
As you can imagine, I came home with quite a haul so stayed tuned for another pic heavy post tomorrow when I share my bounty.
 
- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...