Friday, 2 March 2012

Neat as a Pin

You may remember I was struggling with the short sleeve version of my 'Spitfire Women' blouse last month. The sleeves are supposed to set in, but after re-sewing them three times, they were still too puffy. I was at my wits end!

Thankfully, a couple of kind readers suggested I try pin-easing and while it is time consuming, the results are well worth the effort.

I forgot to take some photos of the pinning process - it required a fair bit of concentration and once I got the hang of it I didn't want to stop.
The first sleeve went in perfectly...

Stitching slowly so as not to sew over too many pins meant it took three times longer to insert the sleeve and by the time I'd finished the right one I was getting tired. Wanting to just get the thing finished, I wasn't as generous with the pins on second sleeve as I should have been and paid the consequences.

There are also a couple of puckers in the back of the sleeve but I can live with those - plus there's no way I'm unpickin' these suckers now they're in!

Thanks again for your help!

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...