Tuesday 12 July 2011

Things that make you go SWISH!

Greetings!

I've noticed most of my 'Sewing Projects' posts have been of garments I've not been all that excited about so today I thought I'd show you one of my favourite dresses. It's made from Vogue 5659, undated but circa 1940s and, as promised, it was easy to make.



The fabric was something I had in my stash, grape & white Koshibo (?) print from Spotlight. When I bought it I had no particular project in mind but at $3 p/metre it was too good a bargain to pass up. The fabric turned out to be a dream to sew, no puckering and no fraying, so I only had to use the pinking shears on the seams. It's also a really nice summer weight material and falls beautifully.



In our house this dress is referred to as 'Lotsadots'. Mdublm made some offensive comments while I was cutting it out and unfortunately the name stuck. Me, I love this dress no matter what it gets called. When I wear it I feel like I've stepped right out of the 40s and it makes me 'swish' when I walk. Exactly what you want in a dress.

Swishing in the backyard on a summer's evening.


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and the fabric is fun, like its new nickname! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to say I love the title...Things that make you go SWISH indeed! Now I'll have that word in my head when I see full skirts.
    It makes me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...