Friday 19 August 2011

Li'l help, please?

I'm currently trying to finish this dress, Butterick B5281, and am really struggling with the neckline.



Believe it or not I have read the instructions, several times, and I still can't tell if the neckline should sit on an angle or straight across. Version A appears to be on an angle but Version B (short sleeves) looks to be straight. The line drawings on the back are no help either. Then there's the pleats on the shoulder; they tend to create a curved edge rather than what appears to be square. Arrrgh!!!


I'm already on my second try at squaring off the neckline but, as you can see from the pic above, I'm making a right mess of things. Has anyone else made this dress? If so, any suggestions on how to finish the neckline? It's driving me nuts!!


Thanks in advance!

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...