Friday 2 September 2011

The Last Dance Dress

It's done!!

I started sewing Butterick B5281 for a dance I was going to last October, didn't get it done in time and went with plan B. I recently picked it up again, for another dance I didn't get to (long story) and with the help of some the lovely people over at Sew Retro, it is now finished.


I'm still not hugely happy with the way the neckline sits but I was getting to the point of giving up again so decided to leave it. The things I really like about this dress are the drape of the fabric and the way the buttons balance out the neckline. The skirt is definitely 'swish' worthy too.








Happy Friday!!

- Tamara

4 comments:

  1. Darling dress. And it fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the dress looks great!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've been waiting to see you finish this- I want to try this pattern soon- hope it's as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! You can't see any neckline issues from the photos. Congrats on finishing it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...