Friday 16 December 2011

Winter Woolies in Summer?

It's time for another Fashionable Friday and although the weather here is heating up, I have something  new I wanted to share.

Regular readers may remember this post from back in July, I had just bought some wool to be knitted into a vintage jumper. As I mentioned in the original post, it was being made by a knitting whizz I know and yesterday they were finally ready for collection. Exciting!


Pattern from Vintage Knits
Yes, you read correctly, I had two new jumpers to collect! The story goes something like this: The Knitting Whizz (KW) was so eager to start that she had knitted the front and back before realising she had made an error in the pattern.





To be honest, you wouldn't really notice the mistake unless it was pointed out, but KW wasn't happy. There was no way she was going to pull it all out and start again, so she just knitted another one. It's made from exactly the same colours, just in a different combination...




Isn't it amazing how different they look! I really can't choose a favourite, I like them both but I think I'll need to make something to wear with the 'purple storm'. I'm also thinking storm will be perfect for winter, while the 'red ghost' is more for spring. What say you?

By now you will likely have noticed my new 'do too. How can you not?! It is intensely bright and quite a bit shorter. It's been ages since I've been this short and I have to say I really like it, even if it does require more effort. As for the colour, I usually prefer a more natural looking red - at the moment I feel a bit Raggedy Ann - but it should have mellowed out by next week.

Oh sunglasses! Where for art thou?
Have a great weekend everyone and to my Australian readers:
Don't forget to Slip, Slop, Slap!


-Tamara

2 comments:

  1. Love the jumpers. They look fantastic on you, better than I imagined. Thank you,from the KW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    Ivy
    http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...